MSB 1.55% 95.0¢ mesoblast limited

Back pain stem cell injection, page-91

1. 3,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I'm going to address one paragraph because it seems most of the rest is asking questions that can only be settled by clinical trials.

Where GvHD concerned, I find it strange that someone as smart as you suggested that a child with grade 4 severe intestinal hemorrhaging could be cured by 'dumb luck'.

Let me expand upon that comment. Imagine a hypothetical condition where 50% of those afflicted die within 6 months without treatment. Then imagine a hypothetical potential treatment for that condition. Let's then imagine that we have 10 people who aren't treated, and 10 who are. Of the 10 who aren't treated, 5 die and 5 recover. Of the 10 who are treated 1 survives and 9 die. What would you say cured that one person who survived in the treatment wing? The treatment? or dumb luck?

I came across paper by Najima and Ohashi , hematology division Komagome Hospital, Tokyo. The strange thing is that when I read that very well written and researched paper I became doubtful that the Osiris trial even failed. They say it significantly improved response of liver and gut; it was the skin that showed no difference to placebo but it's gut issues that have the highest death rate.

The Osiris trial definitely didn't meet it's primary endpoints, that's the entire definition of a failed clinical trial! What you seem to be describing is a post-hoc subgroup analysis - these don't have statistical validity. If you want to create statistical validity, you need to run a new trial treating the new pre specified target patient group and have a pre-specified endpoint.

Otherwise we may as well authorise drugs and treat people based on anecdote and hearsay - which would be a retrograde step.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
96.5¢ 96.5¢ 94.5¢ $2.433M 2.552M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 72431 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 20225 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.