Hi dino...Cannot give any knowledge except to say that I went...

1. 2,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

Hi dino...

Cannot give any knowledge except to say that I went with a friend last week, who has had severe pain from low back problems, to an appointment regarding a permanent type of pain relief. She has been taking morphine as the pain has severely restricted her life. The choices were this or surgery. She has opted for the pain management system.

She goes into hospital overnight and the orthopaedic surgeon inserts electrodes into her spine - i think attached to the nerves. These electrodes are attached to a remote device (outside the body during the trial period) and the pain management is controlled by this. If she gets relief from the trial she can then have the device implanted into buttock. It apparently has to be charged every night. I cannot remember the exact name but comes under 'pain relief implant' I think.

It sounded like a lot of messing around to me but when you are in constant severe pain as you yourself are experiencing then one takes desperate measures to gain relief.

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Hope you get sorted.

Cheers...
    Cazzex

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.