LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

back the truck up for a fill at this price, page-21

1. 50 Posts.
    Andy, this is not directed at you.

I declare I’m no expert in share market, but let me try make out some sense.

Long position = Buy -> Sell
    Impact of pressure = Upward -> Downward = negate each other = Zero

Short position = Sell -> Buy
    Impact of pressure = Downward -> Upward = negate each other = Zero

Therefore, impact on the SP at the close of the position of a Long = a Short = Zero.

Retailers’ shorts, usually punts on a short term downtrends with relatively small quantum, IMO do not in total take up a substantially big portion of the 10% reported outstanding shorts – as evidenced by the seemingly lack of run for cover even with imminent risks, for example the M’sian Elections.

Because, Retail Shorts = Small Quantum + Short Periods of Open Position. (Some may disagree)
    Therefore, impact on Longer Term Shareholder = about Zero

My POV of the constant blames on Retail Shorters here for damaging the SP is therefore not justifiable, instead it shows either the shareholder lacks the understandings or the shareholder is impatient, for some obvious reasons.

Moving over, the next valid question now is of course the big boys’ Shorts.

Again, on the evidence of the Big Short Squeeze’s “no show” so far despite whatever developments that have happened, it tells massive short coverings yet again may not happen any time soon. (But, I definitely hope I’m wrong & I’m sorry if I offend any believers.) In fact my bet is it may take as long as 3 yrs before it MAY happen, if at all it DOES happen.

Please dig deeper to see more, I leave it for now. (Afterall, WTF for if I get WTF for saying more)

Oh, for goodness sake, please put time to good use instead of wasting it on shorters here on HC again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $20.28M 3.161M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12848 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 17965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.