KMD 1.49% 34.0¢ kmd brands limited

Back to $2 (end of COVID in NZ coming) and Interim Dividend, page-8

1. 681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 283
    No, I'm not. That reply was in response to that poster who was downplaying the stock.

I've made previous posts about the business of KMD. I agree that $2 will take time, but on the ASX at .99c, IMO, significantly undervalued and should be a strong buy.

I followed KMD in the GFC when it was looking to expand in Australia. Recession is a sweet spot for this well run company. Shoppers on both side of the Tasman gravitate to this brand for good value, well-made goods - they not only survive recessionary conditions, they thrive. Since the GFC, KMD has opened dozens of stores in AU.

And now, before COVID, KMD propelled it's business model onto another new trajectory with the purchase of the more globally positioned Rip Curl brand which has the global presence KMD didn't have. The capital raise helped pay for it. KMD is a significant machine - it has excellent e-commerce and customer management systems which it will be able to leverage and optimise across Rip Curl to optimise both businesses. It's product range is built on own brand, technology/performance based designs so they are far less exposed to the challenges of shopper platforms like Amazon which other retailers face.

There's more too but you need to make your own judgement of what all that means.

IMO it's pretty obvious that KMD is a strategically positioned retailer with global presence and a future-focussed business and product manufacturing model that many other retailers could only dream of. Plenty of room to run on the share price.
    Last edited by KiwiCheek: 04/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
0.005(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $241.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.0¢ 33.5¢ $18.09K 53.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 245409 33.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.0¢ 101336 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.15pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.