SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

Problem with Van Eck is that being an ETF once the market cap of...

1. zog
    2,954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 893
    Problem with Van Eck is that being an ETF once the market cap of a company falls outside their range they sell off aggressively.

My interest is that they have excellent mines on prospective ground and have now consolidated on to one mill. However I can recall the time with IGR that the Randall's cone crusher failed and revenue ceased resulting in the company being over a barrel and an emergency capital raising; they then fell into SLR's arms. Whilst consolidation onto Randalls has a redundancy downside it should contain costs, I hope SLR are building in component redundancy to avoid a single point of failure. We have to hope that Luke Tonkin is making contingency plans and gets some independent revenue from concentrators at Magic/Lorna Doone & Great Southern with indepedent milling of the refractory ore from Magic.

My biggest concern is that with a board of founders (except Luke Tonkin) it is not independent and needs to change. The problem of this company are not just the PoG (other in the sector have been successful), IMO it is mismanagement and a vacillating board (e.g. the Murchison issue) of founders who run the place like an old boy club. IMO Paul Chapman should NOT be re-elected at the AGM as chairman of the board he bears the ultimate responsibility for the fiasco of the last 2 years - it's up to us as SH to give a resounding vote against his re-election. Additionally IMO it shows bad judgement that the board is allowing Sir Les to come back as an NED - the last thing we need is a failed and non independent COE staying on the board. It seems we will not be asked about Sir Les re-appointment as an NED, but IMO it shows bad form that the board is making the appointment and sanctioning it without SH authority.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.