NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

back to 40, page-29

1. 599 Posts.
    okay... congratulations to the short term traders with their tidy profits made.

Everyone have their own trading strategies, plans etc. Some take profits earlier, de-risk their investment by buying lower, and some just hold on strong like a rock slowly moving forward like a turtle with little worries (less stress hahahaha); slowly walking towards that finish line for playing out intermediate to long term trends.

I for one have both long term and short term positions. However, mostly long, because i am a little occupied with life atm, FT work, odd jobs, studies, girlfriend (-ROI), dad bullying me etc. However, i have witness the greatest gains for those willing to hold long. i.e. some of my early long positions in SLR (<30c), CNX (22c), BMN, CVN (30c), OSH (<$3), NCM (<$19) have given me 200-400% gains by holding over a period of a 10-18 months. When i enter this positions, i state my entry price on the day I purchase on HC, Likewise for NKP at around 27.5-28.5c.

I know our investment in NKP comes with risk. Like all investments. But for all who have done their research, I am willing to stomach this risk on a balance view of the opportunities and threats to our investment. Long term i like the platinum sector, love to see an Australian listed emerging platinum producer grow like the many who have done so i.e. Centamin, AQP, PDN, EXT. All of this ASX listed companies with core operations in Africa did have problems of being recognize in Australia in the past, stocks were all once pennies, stuck, goes against markets, stagnant SP, i.e. similarities of NKP today... until slowly they got international recognition by European, American investors (i.e. check the share register of Aquarius platinum, EXT, Centamin 70%+ owned by overseas investors?).

I agree with you Ralphy about management, i have gone through the Annual report like how Macleod did. Some transactions raise many question marks and conflict of interest issues. However, one must consider the different environment and culture issues in South Africa. A country that is going through radical change, and a 17 year recession. I believe with a 23%+ unemployment rate, and with the Black Empowerment Issue taking grasp over there; doing business can be tough, and perhaps it takes money to build relationships, it takes money to get the ball rolling.

This reminds me of the situation in USA, where it took some time for blacks with the new given power of freedom to slowly adjust to the changes in society. Distribution.

In the end, they need Xstrata for the money and skills.

I admire the short term traders, involve more skill and can be stressful!! Heehee, learning to control my emotions when trading day by day :P

All the best to all holders

LM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.