PLV 0.00% 1.2¢ pluton resources limited

back to 40c few months later !!!, page-8

1. 719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    It appears to me that many holders are getting frustrated at "downrampers" who probably have a point in saying that this company is not a great value proposition.
    To state the obvious, the company has been in a halt for months and has been unable to release their financial accounts; nearly always a terrible sign.
    IMO the risk of loss far outweighs potential reward. With an NPV of 0 ascribed to the Cockatoo island mining operations using an iron ore price of $120 per tonne, and current iron ore prices being below that, the balance sheet doesn’t look great. Furthermore, the company has a large amount of deferred revenue on the balance sheet which is also a great source of risk, especially if selling to the Chinese who have a recent knack at cancelling/renegotiating contractual arrangements! The financial accounts even point to the final price being negotiable anyway.
    A diligent investor with no previous holding (and emotional attachment) would be extremely unlikely to enter this stock at the current price with a feeling of optimism rather than fear and would more likely avoid it altogether.
    Sure it might recover, but in a market where small capitalisation stocks without the problems that PLV has exhibited in the past 6 months have struggled, I believe it would be more prudent to look elsewhere.
    IMO, many who are staring down a large paper loss, who I would now class as speculators rather than investors, would be better realising that capital loss, and using that to offset (hopefully) future gains in a different speculative position.
    It is a long road back and I hope the business recovers but with a pool of potential investors shrinking by the day, unlikely!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.