PLV 0.00% 1.2¢ pluton resources limited

It appears to me that many holders are getting frustrated at...

1. 719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    It appears to me that many holders are getting frustrated at "downrampers" who probably have a point in saying that this company is not a great value proposition.
    To state the obvious, the company has been in a halt for months and has been unable to release their financial accounts; nearly always a terrible sign.
    IMO the risk of loss far outweighs potential reward. With an NPV of 0 ascribed to the Cockatoo island mining operations using an iron ore price of $120 per tonne, and current iron ore prices being below that, the balance sheet doesn’t look great. Furthermore, the company has a large amount of deferred revenue on the balance sheet which is also a great source of risk, especially if selling to the Chinese who have a recent knack at cancelling/renegotiating contractual arrangements! The financial accounts even point to the final price being negotiable anyway.
    A diligent investor with no previous holding (and emotional attachment) would be extremely unlikely to enter this stock at the current price with a feeling of optimism rather than fear and would more likely avoid it altogether.
    Sure it might recover, but in a market where small capitalisation stocks without the problems that PLV has exhibited in the past 6 months have struggled, I believe it would be more prudent to look elsewhere.
    IMO, many who are staring down a large paper loss, who I would now class as speculators rather than investors, would be better realising that capital loss, and using that to offset (hopefully) future gains in a different speculative position.
    It is a long road back and I hope the business recovers but with a pool of potential investors shrinking by the day, unlikely!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.