CTP 6.12% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

back to basics - what will ths sp do??, page-2

1. 3,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    1. We have seen a doubling of the SP on a massive Turnover increase well above previous daily average of around $5M. This T/O as now fallen back below average.

-- And with the drop in volume, and the 1:2 ratio of buyers to sellers, there has been downward pressure on the SP.

4. We have for sure an oil show from Surprise and decided to release the rig and do 3d seismic over the area instead of doing another hole which may have been just meters off the target! Now seems sensible to me.
    -- So why not send the rig to drill Mt Kitty, as had been announced previously? The company has minimum spending requirements, so why not continue to use the rig when they had one?

5. Despite a recent Capital Raising at a big discount to current SP the price has not collapsed as it has on all previous CR,s. So it seems SI,s are hanging in or have been taken out by the likes of CP/Hess??

-- Maybe you haven't seen the SP after yesterday, Don, but it's back down to 9.0 - it was 10.5 overnight on the 12th, a mere 7 trading days ago. And we know the new shares became available on the 11th. It looks to me like the shares have fallen so the SP is just above the issue value.

6. There is indeed a Robotic Trading or High Frequency trading system being employed on the ASX site for CTP. Very unusual for this stock and surely an indicator of interest from the big boys?

-- Not unusual at all, we've often had a bot involved, especially when the SP is around the 10-10.5 zone

7. WE do have trillions of Coal deposits suitable for UGC and CTL which should attract the likes of LNC for just one example. Plus the often stated but not sort yet –Helium!

-- And yet the board released the rig, rather than moving it on to drill at these other prospects.

9. Whether the Board is changed or not the real wealth of the company is what is in the ground. This cannot change. The Board may but not the current intangible wealth of the company.

-- No, the issue is can this board do more than walk and chew gum? They seem to have a very hard time with the idea of doing two things at once, which is shown by them releasing the rig.

10. The current actions to change the Board if nothing else has put the current Board on notice that at least some shareholders (20%??) are not happy which will force them to be more open with their Announcements or more proactive with their actions!

-- We know that 10% of shareholders were prepared to sign the original shareholder emergency general meeting forms, and that was before CB was publicly advertising the proposal. Since it has been listed on this forum I'm sure the number has greatly increased. And remember this is AGITATORS, not just voters. This is people prepared to sign their name, send in forms, etc. If it has gotten to 20% then the board should start packing their bags.

So putting aside the current HC debate on Boards etc what do wiser posters than I feel about future SP action?

-- The SP will stay or sink until buyers and sellers numbers come together again. I don't see how it can rise past the 10.5 zone when there's almost as many sellers at those points atm as there has been daily trades for the last few days.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.003(6.12%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.2¢ 4.8¢ $64.1K 1.327M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 157096 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 96029 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.