AXM 0.00% 1.1¢ apex minerals nl

True SuchisLife but remember that it hasn't been that many years...

1. 1,025 Posts.
    True SuchisLife but remember that it hasn't been that many years ago the price of gold was around $600, and there were gold miners then.
    The main problem now as everyone knows is the high dollar value and the increased cost of recovering the gold.
    A couple of the gold stocks I hold aren't just pure gold miners but multi commodity miners and the same with explorers which adds to the viability of a company
    The Mt. Isa district is a good example, and Broken Hill the same, BHP were primarily zinc and lead miners to begin with.
    What the cost of recovering those metals and the value of those metals then I wouldn't have a clue but having driven through there I noticed the type of stone cottages the miners lived in were the same as those that miners lived in, in England and Wales so workers costs I reckon would have been quite low.
    What does most of this have to do with todays environment, not much but it could be worth remembering/thinking about what has happened in the past.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.