KSS 0.00% 10.0¢ kleos space s.a

I think that’s probably a bit of wishful thinking sorry...

1. 1,171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    I think that’s probably a bit of wishful thinking sorry Jumbie.
    They don’t use triangulation to geocode the signal source. They actually have quite a good explanation of the technique in the technical presentation they released ages ago. In that presentation they said it would work with 2 satellites but the more satellites they have, the more accurate it can get.

Each satellite has an antenna that would be picking up lots of transient signals (and noise) The antenna aren’t directional so they have no idea about where it’s coming from.
    .if more than one satellite are close enough to each other to basically receive all the same signals and noise, but arriving at a slightly different time, then they can use some cool Math to estimate a location of signals.

My assumption is that a diamond formation means that no matter what direction the source of the signal is from the cluster, they will get the same location accuracy because the signals will always be arriving at sats at a different time.

I imagine that with 2 satellites in the same orbital path, if the signal source was directly in front or behind then you could probably get a reasonable location estimate, because you know the speed of light is constant and can assume the source has an altitude of sea level. if it was perpendicular then there wouldn’t be any time shift.

So my assumption is that the ‘coverage’ of accurate geolocating in a 2 sat cluster would be less than for 3 sats. But I’m certainly not an expert in geolocating RF signals. Just my opinions formed from the technical presentation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KSS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.