KSS 0.00% 10.0¢ kleos space s.a

Kleos Satellite failure/success rate so far:KSM1 (Demonstrator...

1. 355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Kleos Satellite failure/success rate so far:

KSM1 (Demonstrator satellite cluster): Total failure after not very long (All satellites "impaired")

KSF1 (Vigilance satellite cluster). : 3 satellites out of 4 "impaired", not being functional enough to go into "orbit raise".
    Leaving only one satellite out of 4 functioning with reduced life of 18 months.

KSF2 (Patrol satellite cluster). : 1 satellite out of 4 now "impaired", currently leaving 3 remaining satellites in this cluster.
    (Whether more impairments in this cluster will follow is anyone's guess, I think)

However, Kleos does say that these remaining satellites in these 2 clusters "will be able to remain in commercially viable operation" (but I take that with a grain of salt considering past disclosures)
    If the three remaining satellites in KSF2 are able to remain fully functional for a good period of time I suppose that might be seen as a substantial measure of progress relative to the previous failures. As 3 out of 4 ain't bad I suppose?

The Observer satellite cluster (KSF3), launched in January 2023, is "anticipated to be brought into operational service by Q3 2023. (All being well. Looking at their previous success rate and time lines, one would have to be very hopeful I think.)

You would think that Kleos must be learning from it's past failures and is taking measures to improve its satellite commissioning success rate.

I suppose one would have to expect some initial measure of failure and a steep learning curve, when it comes to putting satellites in space if you haven't done it before. Hopefully Kleos will be able to improve its success rate as time goes by, before too long!

Hopefully the remaining satellites in KSF2 will remain functional and the KSF3 cluster will be commissioned by the end of the year without any failures.
    If this turns out to be the case, then I think Kleos could be finally on the road to... some proper income and more successful satellite deployments!

Happy Easter!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KSS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.