LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

bad feeling , page-29

1. 8,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    'externally/export would logically be priced somewhere between domestic & FOB.'

Yes indeed.

If going to internal market then this will only lower prices below 'official' as it weakens the market. At the disparity between China and FOB prices increases there is more opportunity to leverage smuggling into ROW.

This one I just don't get:- Metal Pages - RMB 1,250/kg for dysprosium oxide = $207 KG, and a Metal Pages FOB price of about $470 kg. Also to note the latest SMM figure is 1,475, an 18% premium. Are the prices this volatile?

I can only assume there is little volume demand outside of China, else every last person would be smuggling this out? Even if the difference was split that would allow a profit to a smuggler of $130 per KG - nice business if you have the contacts.

My conclusion is that the published prices (FOB or internal) not worth too much and that what the large volume customers are actually paying could be very different to the published prices. Do we have any hard facts as to what any REEs are trading at in the ROW volume market?

Oct 2014, and especially July 2015, will give us a better indication of what prices LC an sell product at. All I have currently are the published prices from Metal Pages and SMM.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $20.28M 3.161M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12848 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 17965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.