hi EAGLE888,Thanks for the support. I don't read billybongo's...

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

hi EAGLE888,

Thanks for the support. I don't read billybongo's posts these days, so I am unaware what criticisms he has been raining on me, hehe. The difference between he and I is that I do occasionally post favorable comments on the non Labor side of politics, whereas billy appears to be a 100% committed supporter of one side as I do not recall reading in the past any post from him that said anything good about Labor.

It is important that in a country like Australia, which has a two party political Westminster systems, that we do have a strong opposition to keep the government of the day accountable and to offer the electorate alternate credible policies so that if the voters so desire they can have a choice. In that context, opposition parties have an equally important role to play in our parliamentary democratic processes, both at the state and federal levels.

Sadly, the current federal Liberal/Nationals coalition still seems not to have got their act together in coming up with some credible alternative policies. The phrases that we heard so often from them, when they were in government, when they poured scorns on the then Labor opposition, "flip flopping" and "walking on both sides on the streets", can now so aptly, funnily, and ironically apply to them, hehe.

I did look forward to Turnbull leading the Liberals but to date, I must say, I am disappointed with him. The Liberals urgently need some new bloods to inject some fire of idealism in their political thinkings.

Just some rumblings from me on a relaxing Friday evening :-)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.