BTU 0.00% 15.0¢ bathurst resources limited

bad news for f&b

1. 325 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    From the Coal Action networks April newsletter, this little gem;

"The Environment Court has issued an interim decision granting consent for Bathurst (calling itself Buller Coal) to mine at Denniston, subject to stronger conditions. We don’t know what conditions it has in mind. Opponents are refusing to negotiate on conditions as there are no conditions that would make it OK to destroy this exceptional area of beauty and biodiversity, or to continue adding to climate change."

Let's see that again;

Opponents are refusing to negotiate on conditions as there are no conditions that would make it OK to destroy this exceptional area of beauty and biodiversity, or to continue adding to climate change.

Bad move on the part of the 'opponents' (read: F&B) in my humble view. Bathurst already have provisional consent and _both_ parties have been instructed by the Court to negotiate. Any refusal to do so by F&B will be viewed very dimly by the Courts I would imagine.

There is a way forward here - the Court has made that clear. Any belligerent refusal by one party to participate in that future is only going to work against that party (in my view).

Cheers,
    Ben

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.