SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Bad news for the shorts?, page-67

1. 694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    "Ernst & Young will have crawled all over the figures. Of that there can be no doubt. Cash flow and future performance will have been an issue of fundamental importance."

The figures are not in dispute.

This issue is ongoing bank support. EY would likely not have been in a position to form any view that this "fundamental uncertainty" existed (given the SGH submission wasn't due until end of March), such that they were required to qualify the audit.

The parent audit was also not qualified as to going concern.

Neither of these facts changes the current risk profile for investors - which is that the company is unlikely to survive in its current form if the bank syndicate require repayment in early 2017, which is something they are apparently entitled to do if they are not satisfied with the restructure plan.

If you don't agree that withdrawal of bank support will have this effect on the company - can you explain where they will be obtaining replacement finance ?

Having said all that - I've gone long on the stock a couple of weeks ago because I'd give it a 60/40 chance of surviving. Given the reluctance of SGH management to provide investor information however, there's a fair amount of guesswork there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.