NEN 0.00% 22.0¢ neon capital ltd

You got to love postive thinking at times like this!Yes a...

1. 409 Posts.
    You got to love postive thinking at times like this!

Yes a takeover offer tomorrow by ENI would definitely be nice, what a surprise that would be.

But looking at reality it is highly improbable. I think if they were interested they would wait for another well that proves commercial success. And that would be a credit raising or two away, plus a couple of years that I cannot waste anyway.

It has been a great ride, learnt alot from T-Shirt, Staples and Timber. I also learnt alot about stocks in general. While I have plenty of years left to give this market a better crack tomorrow will hurt. But it was a risk I saw at best 50/50 where my capital loss may be 50% but my gain would be x3. I hope no one is too leveraged or has their house in it.

What i will apply going foward is that an oil and gas spec will never take up more than 10% of my spec allocation. Which is 10% of overall stock portfolio. Plenty of money to be made in safer plays or bluechips as opportunity presents, QBE a recent example.

Tomorrow will be cruel but it is only the start of the year. Don't let it set the tune for 2014, get back out there and invest lots of undervalued companies prime for runs.

Good luck, good health and solid chins for all NEN holders.

To a particular few, you know who you are, I hope you get your day of sunshine in the South of France. When that time comes toast to the dream that was NEN. Dreams could come true for those who ride the waive for another couple of years but for me it is over -

'Au Revoir'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.