HMD 0.00% 1.9¢ heramed limited

depends on a variety of measures wether this is a good or bad...

1. 2,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 913
    depends on a variety of measures wether this is a good or bad stock?
    What are you comparing it to?
    What is your average price?
    What is your investment timeline?
    How much news were you expecting?
    What was the other stock that you chose not to invest in so that you had funds for HMD?

Health/Bio/Medtech etc are all a painful exercise in testing of your patience UNTIL they aren't... The obvious one for comparison with HMD is probably NAN given the chairman is the same and in at the same stage and now the American expansion guy is also the same as NAN had at a similar stage. NAN was a rubbish investment for a long time until it wasn't. If you held through all the rubbish times (I didn't...) you would now be sitting on a significant capital gain. It takes time for these things to work out or fail... CSX was another company with our chairman involved and started its life on the ASX with a cracking few months with everything looking unreal! My shares were up almost 7 times at one point but then tanked and my awesome capital gain became a CGT loss.. Then there is EMV which Ron is also heavily involved in.. listed at 40c and now $1.30 or so but in the last 3 years your investment there would have flatlined like HMD. April 2020 I think was an EMV raise at $1.38 or so? However EMV has hit over $4 and HMD has been over 30c a couple of times so depending on when you got in it's a different story?

Telemedicine and specifically remote maternal care is in its infancy globally so who knows who will win in the end? HMD has had a few false starts which is annoying, particularly getting so close with Sheba and then not hitting the target... that one was a painful miss. JHC has fully integrated the platform and device, that is a win and a validation of commercial effectiveness of the platform and device, but it's only a grain of sand compared to the size of the total addressable market so maybe the risk is still significantly slighted to the upside? I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned integration and execution risk more than once on here over the last 3 years and so far it would appear that execution is a key area of concern. I don't think the Board can stay as they are for all that much longer without delivering some key and significant wins.

My investment timeline starts from about 5 years. If I make an investment then as long as there isn't a material decline in business or sector I will aim to stay invested for at least 5 years. Locking away your money for that timeframe forces you to really consider the investment alternatives as well as having a really good understanding in what you have invested in and more importantly WHO you have invested in.

For me, execution is more important than new flow and so far HMD has disappointed on a couple of opportunities however on the 2 that have stuck (JHC and e-Lovu) they are proving to be a really effective piece tech with an actual market that is growing so it keeps me in the belief that the possibility for a potentially successful outcome still exists as one pathway available to HMD. It doesn't need to win by much to be successful as a business given the margins and economic moat in health. Equally given the scope and scale of the targets in play (massive hospital groups and state health services) a bit of a win could quickly become a material outcome. HMD is unlikely to just be available at 1 Ramsay hospital and 1 aligned private clinic... either it will get turfed out of both or more will follow and "more" could be a multiple of several times. A win in Qld Health for remote care would be in the order of about 10,000 licenses as a start. You can't just win small with such big clients. e-Lovu is on track for 1000 licenses this year and still haven't got to the final implementation stage of their targets so who knows what number that could end up as??

dunno mate? might good or bad but might also be a bit early to call?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.03M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 213674 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.