BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

BAL - Chart, page-2909

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    Just a follow up on the "supply problem" commentary. I've been into ten outlets of the major supermarkets just to do a rough survey over the past few weeks to get a feel for what's happening, given all the noise about problems on this forum.

In 8/10 stores, Bellamys infant formula was either just a few tins, or non-existent. The staff I talked to said the same thing to me: that they are still stocking it (i.e it hasn't been deleted, as has been suggested), but as soon as it comes in, it gets snapped up. They all said that Chinese were the primary buyers, and that some called in advance to find out about the time of delivery to be there waiting.

OK, that's purely anecdotal. But it does say to me that there is clearly a supply "issue" (which may also be a supply problem). It may be that supply is being controlled (i.e restricted) as part of a strategy by BAL, or it may be due to the company's inability to send enough product to the shops. Either way, supply is definitely lower than demand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.