BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

BAL demand at Local Chemist

1. 132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Long post, but I decided to have a pop into my local chemist.

If you haven't seen already.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...y-formula-racket/story-fnkgdftz-1227534870524

Now I happen to live near one of these asian dominated chemist, as well as friends with some of the staff. From what I hear about baby formula in general, regardless of the current state of the market, Chinese demand for formula has never stopped growing. Even with competition from emerging souvenir stores in the area, the demand at this chemist has not shown any signs on decreasing.

Other comments:

A2 formula currently has shortage of stock for many months now, and their are only 3 types in their range, which may be a reason why their SP is where it is.

The Aptamil brand, is popular, but again plagued by logistics and short supply.

Bellamys, has a huge range, of cans, to baby food satchets, etc (I had a quick look on the shelves, wasn't allowed to take a photo). I spoke with one of the staff members, and they mentioned how they go through "thousands" of cans of formula in the matter of weeks even though they limit the sales per customer, this is from ONE chemist, imagine all the other asian dominated demographic chemists, Chatswood,Eastwood,Hurstville in NSW, Box Hill in Vic ..

TLDR: Demand for BAL is up and up, seen it first hand. Glad to be a holder.

Edit: fixing up the grammar.
    Last edited by SharkChu: 22/09/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.