balanced viewpoint

1. 37 Posts.
    As posted at the weekend I was outraged with the Russian children massacre thing and was searching to see how I could make a difference etc etc. I am not religious nor racist so when I post the following two points I do so with no bias.

Over the past 24 hours it has come to light that a Chechen website posted the old "eye for an eye" excuse for the Russian massacre claiming that 42,000 of their children had been killed in their conflict. Whilst this can in no way excuse their actions it could certainly explain it and show that to simply declare a "war on terrorism" is ridiculously simplistic, as the WORLD's mindset needs to change, not just that of group of fundamental Jihadists. What does appear apparent is that things are going to get worse before they get better and that possibly it is going to take some form of "world government" type solution, years down the track to bring about some sense of new balanced world order.

Also, I watched with interest last night the "history of terrorism" program on the ABC, as like many posters I was familiar with events over recent years but did not know where it all started. For those that didn't watch it or are unaware, the very first act of terrorism ever carried out was by the Jewish people, against the British (occupying force after ww2) in the 50's in Palestine. The Palestine Hotel was blown up killing over 90 people 74 of which were civilians, and due to the success of this event shocking the world, terrorism has grown from this event to what we know today.

I'm heading out for the day so won’t be able to reply to any return posts so have a good day.

ROMAN

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.