As the son of baby boomers, i think your post has a lot of...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    As the son of baby boomers, i think your post has a lot of merits.

Could we do any worse by regulating it or legalising it? Instead we have an underworld taking all of the profits and users dying unnecessarily, while governments spend millions/billions of dollars trying to police it. On top of this, in many countries it plays an enormous burden on the health care system.

How many lives are lost through the drug wars and by drug cartels.

I find it quite hypocritical that society finds alcohol consumption totally acceptable, but it frowns upon drug use.

Ask any nurse and they will tell you how much alcohol affects our society. On top of the number of alcohol related incidents, nurses see a large percentage of patients who have been adversely affected by years of alcohol abuse.

At least our government can tax alcohol consumption and can regulate it.

While not for one moment am i condoning the use of drugs. I do find it strange that people see such a big difference between alcohol and drug use.

Yes, hard drugs like heroin, ice etc are the scourge of the earth and I highly doubt I will ever live to see them legalised. But, we are kidding ourselves if we think we are winning the war on drugs. While all of the revenue goes to the criminal world, all of the expenditure comes from governments.

No doubt I will be picked apart. I stress, in NO WAY did the above try to condone drug use.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.