bali bombers executed, page-22

1. 12,609 Posts.
    Sad for you Frankie. Unless you try another way of looking at this, it seems to me that even you admit that you're going to allow these guys to make the rest of your life a misery.

This is where the problem starts and finishes with hatred. It just doesn't work.

I must admit that I always become very doubtful about someone's ability to justify their stance on something when I see the convenient use of terms like 'bleeding heart' and 'political correctness' etc etc.. It seems to me that these terms are almost always used as an attempt to extinguish a plethora of contradictions in the user's viewpoint.

On this occasion, it could well be said or argued that you are the 'bleeding heart', and I don't say this sarcastically. Your heart seems to be bleeding more than those who are trying to argue more of a, let's say, 'clinical' approach.

I think we all feel great sympathy for the victims and their families and friends. That, to me, is a given.

I am against the death penalty for various reasons, one of which is that I believe that it perpetuates the ugliness of the crime.

Suddenly, the ugliness is palpable once again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.