For god's sake people, they were just kids ! "Think about it,...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    For god's sake people, they were just kids !
    "Think about it, like it was your own child in front of the firing squad."

Mayaaz, I'd like to think that if it were my kid, I would've taught him some decency in how to treat people. I would like to think my kid would not be so selfish or heartless to send other kids to a potential death at the sake of his own. I would like to think my kid wouldn't threaten the lives of other kids/couriers and their families. After living nearly a decade in Asia I would like to think I would've told stories about Barlow and chambers and warren fellows. I would've told my kid that Asian people don't have the same liberal views on drugs. I would've told my kid to pay attention to the many signs in airports warning people of death for trafficking and also to pay attention to the men holding machine guns when u get off the plane. I would also like to think my kid wouldn't have risked or sacrificed the lives of others only months after Corby got sentenced. I would've told my kid about the mate, who was about to be a pro footballer, who overdosed on heroin and that people in Asia look more trafficking drugs as peddling death.

I would pray and hope my kid wouldn't do that. I wouldn't want him to die but deep down when I look in the mirror, I would know that had he not been caught, 7 other fathers would be in my situation right now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.