ban gay marriage, page-239

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    Regards back, Zeta.

Club_sharer, no bazooka here. Each and every one of us grew up with the message that homosexuality was wrong- I learned that too- geez, you wouldn't be a true blue Aussie if ya didn't. Hence, my bazooka seems merely a statement of reality, not a weapon.

I have had to interrogate my own thoughts. Homosexuals can be homophobic, too- of course they can! It's called "internalised homophobia", but it isn't surprising, given the messages given throughout life. Just like women can be sexist. Remember when more women pilots came on board? Or female politicians? There would have been some fear amongst women, because they had been given the message that men are more suited for these jobs- that women are too emotional and would panic. As groups are kicked down enough, they start to take on the messages against themselves. Then it's the challenge to get rid of all those messages, and lose the "inferior" label, as you so well put it, Zeta.

As for gay marriage, I have at times thought that it was not necessarily something worth fighting for. But I have since realised, and HotCopper has assisted in honing my arguments, that it is not about me- it is about those who want it. Given I don't actually have a choice anyway, it's not something I can contemplate as a reality.

So, in this society, it is about all (me and everyone else) challenging homophobia. I am not talking about *you* Club_sharer- I am talking about me, too.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.