banana republic

1. 1,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    I lived thru the recession we had to have in Keating days in the early 90's... That was a miscalculation and misjudgement of the fiscal state of the nation... It was not deliberate... Keating didn't mean to turn us into a banana republic that he spoke of.. But it Happened

It was awful, I used to live in Sydney and one day I went to Birkenhead head point shopping Centre.... The place was deserted like if a fog from the sea engulfed it.... Enverybody was complaining of lack of business...

Today, I reached the conclusion we are heading to a fiscal cliff and going down...

It is a deliberate policy by those running this country to do a Samson, and bring the temple down on their selves and everyone else... just like they've done in NSW at the end of their reign...

I visited a usual busy Vic road office and it was empty... my transaction took couple minutes instead than the usual wait in the queue for 1/2 an hour... I asked the staff and they confirmed things are slow.... apparently people maybe opting to drive unregistered cars to save money.... it was reported in the Melbourne press that police booked during the Easter weekend more than 700 people for driving unregistered vehicles ... that is a very high rate...

Today I went shopping... My butcher was complaining of lack of business.... so was the green grocer... and bakers delight lacked the usual queue for fresh tasty costly bread..
    The more I put my ears to the ground the more negative news I'm getting... I could just imagine the shape of the Budget....

When I came home, I went online and dumped all my stock in retail and banking... I boosted my holdings in resources because they'll still make money from overseas...

It's really sad to see that we are going down.... while the rest of the world is going up....

Come September, Even a new government wouldn't be able to save us from the pain inflicted by the policies of the last Soviets of Australian politics...
    To those Mel Uni youngsters celebrating the death of the iron lady... have one for your country....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.