Bananas with Red Wax

1. 28,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    These bananas are amazing. Because of that red wax on the end of the banana, they can live a long life - no, a very long life. I bought some already somewhat ripe, and promised myself over the next couple of weeks, that I would use them to make a banana cake or banana muffins. But I procrastinated. Yesterday, I decided to construct some Bircher Muesli to put in fridge for today's breakfast. I checked the bananas. No blackness inside, just transluscent banana. Mixed part of one throught the breakfast. Wow!!!!! Made another breakfast, ready for tomorrow morning using same method, more banana and straight into fridge.

Soaked oats with all kinds of additions make a great breakfast, limited only by your imagination and some idea of getting a bit of sweet and sour and spicy to get a good balance. Mine was with oats, sultanas, cinnamon, banana, shredded coconut, lemon peel, chi seeds, sunflower seeds, and soy milk. Left overnight ready for another splash of soy before eating. BonSoy is my absolutely preferred soy and won't have any other soy.

Grated green apple also good for a bit of tangy flavour or squeeze of orange juice. The juice and the BonSoy get along quite well together without curdling.
    Last edited by picastoc: 04/01/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.