re: gz banjar: can you defend this GZ, the church in East Timor...

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    re: gz banjar: can you defend this GZ, the church in East Timor was deeply involved in politics during the occupation, and probably still is. I guess everybody is battling for the minds of the people for their own purposes.
    I doubt that there was any restriction on visiting schools on my papers. I would have had to ignore them anyway as my kids were going to school there, not in any international schools, my daughter initially in an Indonesian government primary school and then later in a church secondary school. Although the church schools were reputedly of a higher standard, at one stage we were considering switching my daughter to a local state secondary school as it was achieving better results than most of the private schools in the area. When my daughter returned here to do her VCE, she zoomed through it, even though she started 6 months into the first year, simply because of the good study habits that the local schools had instilled in her.
    Interestingly my young bloke initially attended a muslim kindergarten, only reason being that it was 50 metres down the road. Nobody minded in the least, they were only too happy to have him attend, when he started primary school we sent him to the same church school that my daughter was attending.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.