GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Bank Watch, page-813

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    @Andyglo
    Thanks Andy - next time..pls take me with you!!!!
    "“The Deutsche Bank crisis could take Angela Merkel down – and the Euro” "

I think this goes without saying, DB and Merkel are both about to expire. And few will miss them. And the Euro...the EU to be precise - without a centralized political union (always and still the dream of greater central control by a potential United States of Europe ) - was always a bad a idea, doomed to failure. ("What number do I dial when I want to call Europe?")
    Each member has its own unique political constituencies to please and appease, it was never different...arguably, that's exactly why UK voted Leave. Even Basil Fawlty was constantly bitching about Brussels!!!!
    The question I have posed here today - contrary to the received HC wisdom of the perils associated with its derivatives exposure - is if the collapse and dismemberment of Deutsche will necessarily lead to a major bank panic and potential global economic collapse (historically the result of bank failures). This is a based on an article written by a man I respect greatly, philosopher, polymath, financial adviser, former banker financial Adviser (and much more).
    Everyone here has people they respect ("gurus"), and if they are useful, then I wish them all the best, and mine are Gilder, Taleb, Kahneman, Niall Ferguson, Goldman (author of this article) and several others.
    We all have people we respect.
    The Post is somewhere in this thread, from myself.
    Here it is:
    http://atimes.com/2016/09/deutsche-banks-problem-doesnt-mean-a-broader-financial-crisis/
    If you have time, maybe have a read.
    Regards
    wombat53

P.S
    Who will miss DB?
    Not me.
    @Ophir
    "During the Nazi era, Deutsche Bank sullied its reputation (sic) by financing Hitler’s regime and purchasing stolen Jewish gold." (Yes, I know about business and the Nazi regime....pls don't go there under you want to discuss the Nazi Economy in detail - which I encourage people to do) .

I ask when was its (DB) reputation ever unsullied? (A: probably never)
    Previously posted article, so, a duplicate - but a good read from the greatest magazine in the world:
    DEUTSCHE BANK’S $10-BILLION SCANDAL

The New Yorker
    Aug 29, 2016

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.