GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Bank Watch, page-1885

1. 10,260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 600
    Hi guys
    Just another question ive been pondering lately and I need you guys thoughts on what might happens.

When markets crash instead of picking up individual stocks I was thinking buy ETF's that follow the S&P500 or the global real estate ETF etc...

I was reading most of the ETF's are owned/managed by the likes of Black Rock, State Street etc... which are very big companies of course.

My actual question is, If we actually get a total market meltdown, is it possible these Companies that manage the actual ETF's like black rock , state street etc.. could they actually go broke themselves?

Wouldn't it be terrible if the S&P 500 fell 50% and I sell my gold and put it into the S&P500 ETF run by black rock, and lo and behold, black rock which is the world largest investment manager, is actually billions of dollars in debt itself, and it itself goes under.

Is this possible/probable?

Or am I truly being hysterical and too cynical here to think that the likes of black rock/state street who run the big etf's could go broke too.

all thoughts welcome guys.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.