BLV 0.00% 1.6¢ blossomvale holdings ltd

a quick look at the overview on the website gives an indication...

1. 547 Posts.
    a quick look at the overview on the website gives an indication though perhaps it is misleading...

http://www.neptunems.com/services/nepsys/overview.aspx

The Neptune Dry Underwater Welding System, NEPSYS?, is a unique, class approved technology that produces a permanent surface quality weld in an underwater environment.

he revolutionary system was developed to improve conventional methods of offshore maintenance and repair. It was recognised that existing underwater welding technologies provided only temporary solutions that required subsequent reworking and imposed significant operational impact at substantial costs.

NEPSYS? delivers a comparatively low cost underwater welding solution that achieves an approved, permanent weld that is equal to dry weld standards. The Neptune system achieves quality welds that satisfy AWS 3.6 Class A and various other structural dry welding codes and has been granted patents in Australia, the United States and Europe.

----------------- snip -------------------------------------

The key point here is the stuff about why it was developed (ie the existing underwater welding technologies only providing temporary solutions) This I have always taken to mean traditional wet underwater welding.

I would also like to know exactly how to interpret the statement "NEPSYS? delivers a comparatively low cost underwater welding solution" Comparative to what? The total eventual cost if done with traditional underwater welding, or comparative to the cost of the temporary repair alone?? On a side note the main reason for Neptunes enormous drop in profit was due to increased cost of sales, not so much to a decrease in revenue (though that did also play a part). So Why is it the cost of sales went up so much?

Also I've been out of touch for a while, when I first looked at nepsys around five years or so ago, I was under the impression that neptune was the only company doing dry underwater welding, and had patented the process (hence my comments about having a niche market earlier). I assume that they are now competing with other companies who are also using other similar hyperbaric techniques?

Tony.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.