Sorry Hell but I don't quite understand that last post of yours...

1. 10,605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Sorry Hell but I don't quite understand that last post of yours and I'm really asking a question rather than making a statement.

As to whether the banks 'let it happen' I see it as more of an irrisistable force meeting imoveable object.

One only has to look at the threats Mastercard International made to vacate Australia (which have now quitely subsided having been seen as ludicrous I suspect) to see that they were on a hiding to nothing against public and business opinion.

I have a very interesting bit of research happening into the impact currently happening to bank fees with their quiet realisation that they have to start getting some customer loyalty back through so called 'Wealth Packages' and the impact these will also have on bank fee income.

Its not really a fight here Hell. I think its time for an important discussion about the sustainability of the banks new fee based revenue bonanza which has driven their share prices in recent times and continues to support the theory of their imperviousness to interest rate rises which have in the past pushed them down.

Cheers,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.