why do we need a drawn out debate??????? - there's some stuff...

1. 83,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    why do we need a drawn out debate??????? - there's some stuff that's glaringly obvious

being prejudiced against an entire group for a start ---

of which, I might be seen to be a perpetrator of that with some of my musings on America - but, I don't actually condemn them as a whole group -- I think their system sucks and I think much of their culture sucks - but, as individuals - I have met many who are absolutely wonderful -

I should be more careful with my language though - but, at least I fully realise that they aren't all in one big bucket.

That's one thing that irks me and it's clear hate speech - some people talk about Asians - being overun by Asians etc etc - like they are all the same ---- well, the reality is that they are as different as black and white in many areas. Ditto Muslims and ditto Christians.
    I don't like religions in general - but, I am open to the fact that one day I might find one that I think worthy of my valuing it -------------- but, my dislike of them generally is probably hate speech as well.

IMO - the big thing is that we need to realise just what we are and what we say and who we are.

I don't think we need to have a big endless debate on hate speech - just stop the obvious - talk about 'Muslims' like they are one group, 'Americans' like they are one group, 'Christians' like they are one group etc. - when talking about those groups in negative terms.

Capture.JPG
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.