BRK 0.00% 1.0¢ brookside energy limited

On the buy back I’ve seen a few points of view from the idea of...

1. 622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    On the buy back I’ve seen a few points of view from the idea of let’s crack on, scoop up everything we can get up to the maximum permitted price and keep going down this road, to the concept of let’s not spend a fraction of a pip more than we have to and wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could drive the price down to half a cent and so buyback at least a billion shares.(no timeframes mentioned, but I assume within individual lifespans)
    lots of sophistry and learned articles quoted to illustrate what Brookside really need from this buy back.
    I understood they wanted to bring market valuation closer to a figure they believed was appropriate currently, but hey ho there you go, guess I was wrong on that one.

but being a bit more optimistic, on a pro rata basis of say 350m shares potential buy back by calendar year end, (say 50m per month) then so far they’re doing pretty good.
    As I see it however, they are starting to stall a bit, and so risk falling into the ‘not mending the roof while the sun shines’ scenario.
    After all most of us, within our lifetime, would hope to see not only a successful business but a successful share price.

so what happens to the share price if say we get a great operational update, land acquisition or asset acquisition, monetisation event or some global event that drives oil up to well over $100 a barrel.
    A big jump in our share price hopefully, but goodbye to buying back shares at anything under 2c a pop?
    sure we would all be happy but we might have missed a great opportunity to be even happier.
    hopefully these musings are not too contentious

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.