GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Since this is banter and general comments... I was just...

1. 820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    Since this is banter and general comments... I was just thinking: one of the best things that could happen for lithium investors is a Bernie Sanders presidency.

Now before the pitchforks and torches come out, consider it. Sanders isn't like most politicians. He bona fide believes in what he says. He has been talking about climate change and clean energy since the late 1980s. He has always been a big supporter of cleaner transport.

President Sanders would have to deal with a hostile Senate, but he would also be able to drive fairly ambitious targets for the USA and US manufacturing to EVs.

He's not a petit bourgeois small-l liberal hippy, but someone who genuinely cares about the working class. His Green New Deal involves manufacturing jobs in clean energy technology, including EVs. Imagine the USA re-asserting itself as a manufacturing power house -> through EVs.

After his heart operation the mainstream media is trashing the hell out of him, even running doctored photos and video with the saturation turned up so he looks red-faced. Crude stuff. However, he still has a very strong campaign team, a huge war chest, and a lot of loyal supporters. He's also the best hope the Democrats have of beating Trump.

Elizabeth Warren, a former Republican, has pushed her rhetoric in his direction in order to collect votes. If she commits to a similar vision for EVs, she could also prove very helpful to lithium investors. I also think she has a 50/50 chance of beating Trump.

(Of course if Biden's the Dem candidate Trump will win a landslide...)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.