GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Given Livent's main focus is on producing Hydroxide, I suspect...

1. 1,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 781
    Given Livent's main focus is on producing Hydroxide, I suspect it is very challenging to produce a Battery Grade Li2Co3 from the Hombre Muerto / SdV brine chemistry.

Not sure what happened with Vijay Mehta but early on around 2016 he was named as one of GXY's main technical gurus for SdV but that appears to no longer be the case...?

Livent have been sourcing 'tech' grade Li2Co3 from 3rd parties for conversion to LioH for awhile now so that might be one option for GXY to look at. Honestly I can't see that as a viable solution given Livent's expansion plans and healthy cash position it makes much more sense for them to expand on their own 75 year resource development to keep opex as low as possible.

If ORE's realised pricing gets down to or below US$5k pt and taking into consideration ~10-15% of their saleable product is supposedly 'purified', it is very hard to see GXY Mgt having the kahunas to green light SdV based on their recently proposed strategy. Margins too thin / no room for error.

Let's hope 2020 can see sentiment, demand and LCE pricing begin to bounce back and with improved market conditions, hopefully new projects can get funded.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.