GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-14105

1. 3,897 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1532
    I agree as far as the sector wide lift. But most ASX listed lithium producers have their advantages. I’m not so sure that GXY is a standout. PLS has a much bigger resource, AJM has better offtakes (at least more reliable), ORE is already in production, has more cash and is going downstream (Nahara), MIN is diversified, etc.

Some of the things that set GXY apart can also be perceived as negatives. Three different assets can positively be seen as geographic diversity, but it also leads to increased costs for admin and development. That, and Argentina is on the verge of being a basket case. Canada is also notoriously difficult regarding environmental approvals. The “war chest” is already allocated to developing an 8-10ktpa technical grade carbonate operation, so relying on COH as a buffer is foolhardy.

Long term I think we’ll do just fine, but I think most Li producers who aren’t saddled with huge debt will also do just fine. IMO GXY isn’t really positioned to perform significantly better than some other Li producers, particularly ORE.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.