GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-14224

1. 477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    These where the two I was thinking of, and not costing us an arm and a leg. Every little helps having said that these are not all that little in the scheme of things.

News releaseJames Bay, Quebec, February 20, 2020 —
    Making strategic investments in infrastructure projects that meet the specific needs of rural and northern communities is key to building stronger, more inclusive communities where everyone can succeed.
    The Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Rural Economic Development, and Jonatan Julien, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources and Minister Responsible for the Côte-Nord Region, today announced a joint investment to connect the road stop at km 381 of the James Bay Road to the Hydro-Québec electrical distribution network with a power line approximately 41 kilometres long.
    Emphasis mine on the road stop at km 381 ... because, that is right next door to GXY's James Bay mine!!From GXY's environmental submission:

Quebec and Cree Nation sign 30-year economic development deal for James Bay territorySnippets:
    The Quebec and Cree Nation governments have signed a memorandum of understanding for a $5-billion, long-term economic development deal for the James Bay territory, known in the Cree language as Eeyou Istchee.
    According to the mandate of the "Grande Alliance," the deal aims to "the Indigenous values of the region," while allowing several ambitious social and economic projects to proceed.Those include the expansion of the rail network to reduce the negative impacts of trucking, the electrification of some industrial projects in the region and infrastructure sharing, Quebec Premier François Legault and Cree Grand Chief Abel Bosum announced Monday.....Funds for the Grande Alliance will come from the Cree, Quebec and Canadian governments, as well as from the private sector.
    The 30-year deal aims at ensuring economic stability in the James Bay territory and adjacent regions of the province.The plans were proposed by the Cree Nation and refined alongside the Quebec government.Legault says the railway expansion is especially important, so mining companies can more easily access untapped deposits of resources such as lithium, a key component in electric car batteries.The deal also contains a commitment to training workers in the Cree territory.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.