GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-14862

1. 8,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2899
    Hi @Rob826 hope your well, you have been a bit quiet on the posting front lately. good to see you back.

Just to add to the discussion,while there may be an over supply currently I don't believe it's as bad as a lot of analysts and forecasters make out.

Below is the raw numbers for Spod Production and Sales in Australia since 2017 by company. I had to do some WMT to DMT conversions so don't hold me to them, but they are pretty close to companies closing inventory where reported.

Since Jan 2017 there has been 322K T of spod produced more than sales, creating stock piles. About 40K T is sat at A40. This leaves around 280K excess. This equates to 4 months sales. This is not that much really, and ties in with SH saying China is sitting on excess of a bout 4-5 months stock.

It won't take too much of a lift in demand to clear stock piles, both PLS & GXY are already doing a fairly good job of dropping stock on hand. MIN is sitting on about 60% of the excess.

Highlighted in BLUE is A40 sales. It was basically a 3 month wonder, all that effort and capital. There production came on line right at the wrong time, with peak Aus spod production June Qtr 2019.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2147/2147233-7fe8d9d115b63ca2f0c938da917d8d3a.jpg

Last edited by GARETH78: 09/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.