GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-1554

1. 131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244

I can understand your sympathy for electrified vehicles quite well as I have test-driven various Hybrids, Plug-ins and BEVs (including Tesla 3) in the past months and years. Working for an OEM in Germany I can NOT confirm the rumors of an ICE-Ban in 2025. It would also be kind of ridiculous as investments of the car industry need to be made 4 to 5 years prior to Job 1.
    Boston Consulting Group predicts well over 60% ICE vehicles even in 2030.

I know this may be overruled by reality if things turn out to be disruptive, i.e. big changes coming much faster than anticipated but please be aware that the infrastructure can not change over night. I'd dare to say that Europe and the US will be leapfrogged by other countries like China, as it
    a) has a central government with a straight forward plan
    b) has a growth rate which anyway implies either to build new infrastructure or expand the existing (new mega-cities, traffic infarction, power grid, etc.)

c) has a much bigger problem with smog / air quality in its metropolis

For Europe there are plans in place on how to reduce CO2 emissions. For the near future BEVs will be awarded with "Super credits", which allow the manufacturers to still sell ICE vehicles. So a quite small number of BEVs will be able to reduce the fleet emissions below the limits. We will see electrification on a much lower level than suggested in those articles. Micro and mild hybridisation with 12V and 48V systems will be the near term future. This offers CO2 improvements without a huge bill. In parallel and especially from a certain point on the CO2-glidepath we will see the number of Plug-in Hybrids increasing. They feature a 8 - 12 kWh battery, futured maybe 50% more. Of course there will be also BEVs. But not as a 1:1 replacement for ICE-vehicles. It is a big opportunity for some (e.g. Tesla) and every OEM better offers at least one or two in his portfolio, but this may not come as fast as some predict it.

P.S.: I am in the middle of investing in a solar roof of 10kWp for my house but without a battery as it would generate a negative return on investment, but I may consider a wallbox...

Last edited by cbetz100: 19/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.