GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Hi STW A brief search has turned up some relevant info, and...

1. 13,915 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8475
    Hi STW
    A brief search has turned up some relevant info, and although it doesn’t fully clarify/answer your question, the following provides some useful insight imo.

Firstly some online comments from about a year ago, talking about Beijing quotas and how they have changed:
    upload_2020-8-23_12-18-4.jpeg

I suspect that 20k number of plates from your post was specifically for “families without cars” instead of a total NEV plate number...? If the total number was 60k in 2018 then I can’t imagine them dropping it to 20k... or perhaps that is YTD or something similar..?
    In any case, it seems there are still some cities that restrict numbers of plates for NEVs, possibly due to their desire to limit total congestion, rather than actually limit EV use.
    I’m not sure, still looking for more info.

Secondly, some more (and relatively recent) detail on the subsidies and license plate quota system:

upload_2020-8-23_12-24-42.png

upload_2020-8-23_12-25-2.png

upload_2020-8-23_12-25-54.png

It seems that the cities are gradually phasing out the restrictions on NEVs, which is obviously a positive for uptake rates and more widespread adoption.

It seems there is also a very large license plate cost discrepancy between ice and ev - also another critical deciding factor!
    This from last year:

upload_2020-8-23_12-32-15.png

...and this on the general LP lottery from a couple of years ago:

upload_2020-8-23_12-39-37.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-23_12-40-10.jpeg
    Wow! Hard to get a plate!
    If EV plates are indeed free (?) in some cities and the restrictions on numbers issued are eased, that can only mean that sales are headed in one direction!

....This doesn’t fully clarify the NEV plate quotas but hopefully adds some insight to the topic.
    Will post more as it turns up.

(Apologies for crappy pics, screenshots from phone)

Cheers
    Last edited by GCar: 23/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.