GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Every so often we get a poster suggesting there is or could be...

1. 596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3851
    Every so often we get a poster suggesting there is or could be an oversupply of lithium. Lets look at the facts. There are over two hundred so called lithium miners listed. Of these, six or so are producers, lets be generous and say ten with regular quality production. The rest are still with map and compass in hand. To start a new mine will require $200-$300m. At this point in time banks are not funding. If they get funding, it will be 2-3years before they start to produce.
    Of the spodumene producers, it takes 2mt to get 200kt of spodumene. It takes 8tonnes of spodumene to get 1000kg of LCE. 65kg is in an average tesla. 1000÷65= 14-16 tesla cars.
    Of the carbonate and hydroxide producers, has taken four years to increase 30-40%.
    VW want to produce 15mil EVs alone, more than the current world lithium supply. They want to start selling 2020/1. Or 13 months from now.
    Soneone tell me where the extra lithium chemicals are coming from?
    Lithium stocks are down because people don't understand and instead rely on banks like MS and Macbank reports, which are produce purely for their own gains.
    Company that are producing don't explain enough for people to have confidence. Some lithium companies don't even communicate accept when they need to raise funds or management vote for a pay rise.
    People don't even know the chinese spot price is irrelevant because it is only 5% of world market. Much of china lithium is technical grade and are not usable in batteries, except for glass, lubricant etc. Companies have different contract prices based on the composition of their product. 99.5% LCE is not battery grade, impurities within the 0.5% determine if its suitable.
    Most lithium investors have no idea so the banks short stock. Companies need to do more PR so people understand what they are invested in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.