GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-16965

1. 974 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3256
    It is interesting stuff. What he said and this tweet below seems to imply that the whole battery day saga was built upon him trying to put pressure on the companies to do more.

If we look at this post below, it seems like back tracking to me "theoretical" and "will do lithium mining as needed". As we found out from the Chinese the salt thing is true, just the rest of the process makes it uneconomical.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2584/2584081-17457b3582f95df3346a5d2b0e54dadd.jpg
    It is pretty clear that EM needs everyone doing more (the idea behind his approach probably did not turn out as he imagined) and I think that is why he wants to take a stake in LG to help them get funds. It appears the whole LG de-merger is the key short term bottleneck for the battery division to get more funds to start making more deals across the board. They need it if they want any chance of expanding from about 100-120 GWh annually (level available in the late 2020), to 260 GWh by 2023 (https://insideevs.com/news/449856/lg-chem-230-gwh-battery-annually-2023/).

In other news China data for October is looking good as well ( Retail - 1-18 Oct at 42,258, +16% YoY, +3% MoM and Wholesale 1-18 Oct at 37,926, +3% YoY, -17% MoM) so we can expect NEV to be around +12% YoY.

Also, it is great to see carbonate prices green across the board for a change. Definitely a sign of good thinks to come. Hydroxide not so strong, but this may take a while because it appears China is really going hard on the LFP front.

Any Chinese followers been able to find any more information on Yahua's capital raise? I have been looking but can't find anything in English. I am just wondering with LFP the craze could that money be used to buy a stake in SDV? That would make feeding their new plant more economical. However, my hope is that GXY holds out and possibly partners with LG to cover their growing demand in Europe. Diversification is important. We may just need to wait for that de merger to happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.