GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-1873

1. 8,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    That would be a shame if you didn't say what you think because others disagree. It certainly can add value presenting an alternative view provided it is reasonable which I believe yours is.

The company is at a point where it will be swimming in over $A500 million, and as you pointed out there would be no need to spend all of that upfront to bring Sal De Vida online, particularly with the JP Morgan deal in the wings which will increase the debt free dollars that the company has at its disposal.

With regards to the number of shares in the market Orocobre has a around 260 million shares on the market and we have around 407 million so reducing the amount of shares available would increase the value of each share immediately, in knowing that the company is planning to reduce and also once they have done it. Otherwise what we have is a company that issues options and shares and continues to dilute the value of each share which I don't like.

I think by asking for a dividend you're just hoping for recognition as a fellow owner in the company, and Anthony Tse has indicated that the board was considering the proposal.

The last announcement some pointed out that included information we already know, but there are potential investors out there that may not be even aware of Hot Copper so having that pop up might have signalled to them.."Hey look at this company, $U280 million coming in and they have a market cap of $U760 million"

Don't forget the regular shipping on top which last advice indicated $U70 million in the bank and would no doubt be nudging $U100 million that piles on top of that $U280 million. With $U380 million should we be worth only $U760 million?

At that ratio imagine the number of shares that could disappear under a share buy back?

The announcement the other day might also be a signal to the market that things are about to become very interesting around here. They pointed towards 1 week count down. Maybe the market is responding to that, or maybe they are responding to information they might not have seen before. The company doesn't tend to get the sandwich boards out all that often either.

Mergers and acquisitions is also another possibility, and I have been looking around at other companies that might be suitable. One of the potentials we already have a member on the board but not many here are aware of it so ever time someone brings up that company others hit the report button because they were not aware of the investment, and one possibility appears to have quite a significant resource under their feet which would appeal to us and our investment.

With so much money rolling in along with a JP Morgan process that is in the final stages of negotiations there is perhaps an opportunity to do a little bit of everything.

The company does read what is said here, so if you have something to say don't worry about other people, speak up and say it! Because you never know what might occur as a result of you taking moment to point it out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.