GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts. Just got...

1. 594 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3849
    It's been a while since I've done one of these posts. Just got sick of the bickering. Not saying it's buy, hold or sell. That's for you to decide. Like many here I was not thrilled at the selling price being lower than cost. So, went back to the conference call.
    1. The low grade stockpile was cleared.
    2. The customers are now wanting volume over grade.
    early agreed price was 480 for sc6. Since then spod price has gone up 10% plus. For each 0.1% there is $7 discount. Eg 5.8 spod on 480 - (2×7)= 466.
    3. The company has capacity of 195k per year. Customers want more volume but company will produce volume to high sell price contracts going forward.
    4. Customers thave been moving around, with one now contracted to spot price only.
    5. The next mining ground has been cleared for production 2021 with ore exposed.
    5. SDV has produced 99.9% carbonate. They can sell this as high technical grade, process part and sell as technical and battery grade or remove the magnesium themselves and produce battery grade through a simple process. They will release the findings early Q2. They are looking at partners downstream. The carbonate has a qualifying period. A potential partner has indicated they will take the carbonate.
    6. JB is looking to partner with a converter or off take.
    no converter of their own mentioned here.

In 2020 cov19 slowed production at Mt C, the ramp up in production will use existing equipment for night shift operations, no extra resource will be needed.
    SDV has restrictions on movement. They have smaller workers number due to covid.
    JB many staff are working remotely except on site core workers.

This is my understanding, DYOR.

The argument of hard rock and brine is stupid. Spod is lithium mineral and brine is lithium chemical. Lithium metal is different again. Carbonate and hydroxide produce different types of batteries. Miners do not produce lithium period. It's either mineral or chemical. Technical and battery grade are different.
    until next time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.