GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-20127

1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    Thinking about this some more @SplitFusion
    Why wouldn't it be with Tesla?
    I haven't seen details of the size that the converter would be - has anyone?
    a 40,000tpa converter would be required for the production from James Bay.
    The offtake agreement with Piedmont would allow for ~6,000 - 8,000 tpa of lithium chemicals. I don't see Tesla going small time.
    The timeline of their planned production commencement of lithium chemicals in Texas is end of 2022.

The spodumene conversion facility will be built adjacent to Gigafactory Texas, and based on Benchmark Minerals’ report, the facility has a target date of Q4 2022 for its start of operations. This is a notably aggressive timeframe for such a facility, though it is something distinctly Tesla.

Galaxy's announcement reminded us that James Bay will be ready to commence construction at the end of this year.

The James Bay preliminary economic assessment confirmed it to be a highly competitive spodumene project. Engineering is underway to advance it towards a ‘construction-ready’ status by year end.

The problem is that the James Bay timeline doesn't match the timeframe when Tesla plan to commence production.

Screenshot_20210413-115233.png

With commissioning of James Bay late 2023.

The timeline however does match Piedmont in when it plans to start producing spodumene,

Screenshot_20210413-115829.png

My guess is that if Galaxy is going to be involved with Tesla in the Texas plant that it will be the James Bay supply that comes on down the track and add an additional train in which case Galaxy might be able to secure ownership in that, and then also secure ownership in another converter elsewhere unless Tesla is really serious and adds a further train and ownership to the deal.

That's all I can think of at the moment to be affirmative to the Galaxy selling James Bay spodumene to Tesla. Perhaps others can have a stab.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.