GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-2218

1. AOF
    2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 720

Hi germanium, I presume that this is the Handelsblatt article that you're referring to..?

"Beating China

Germany wins access to world’s biggest lithium deposit

A small German company won the right to develop the world’s biggest lithium reserve, in Bolivia. VW, BMW and Mercedes need it to power their electric cars.

https://www.handelsblatt.com/today/companies/beating-china-germany-wins-access-to-worlds-biggest-lithium-deposit/23756388.html?ticket=ST-522378-REWoR1MTfTuJSMzNzznb-ap5  "

All that I can personally say with respect to this, is that I watched a news story on TV here in Australia a few months back now about the Bolivian Lithium industry and basically it indicated, that at least back then, it was an almost non existent and economic basket-case, due to many years of their own domestic political meddling and the refusal of the current Bolivian President Evo Morales to allow any investment at all, in its further development, by any foreign owned companies.

Apparently, Bolivia has already had quite a history of many very bad prior experiences of themselves being hugely economically exploited, by foreign owned mining companies, and so, it seems that Morales thinking now, was that their Lithium reserves should only be developed by Bolivians, for the exclusive economic benefits of Bolivians, but, the bottom line of the TV news story was that it seems that there is a severe lack of the chemical and industrial engineering 'talent' that would actually be required to do this, within Bolivia itself.

And so, germanium, if this Handelsblatt article is, indeed, true, then it would seem to indicate that the Bolivians must have now had a complete about-face reversal of their previous thinking on this matter of just how, and by whom, their country's Lithium reserves should now be allowed to be developed, and so, the immediate next question that comes into my mind, is just how much previous experience and engineering expertise has this particular .."small German company".. already had, in successfully developing 'brown-field' Lithium Brine mines, and bringing them into full scale commercial Lithium Hydroxide production, "to produce 35,000 to 40,000 metric tons of lithium hydroxide by 2022".....?? 

There's an old saying in English, germanium, that goes, "The road to Hell, is paved with good intentions" 

Hence, I suppose that all that we, can really do for now, is sit back and watch, just what, actually, happens, in Bolivia. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.