GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Patience Grasshopper! It's interesting to me that investors in...

1. 210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Patience Grasshopper!

It's interesting to me that investors in GXY seem to be a little more "invested" than in other companies. I believe that this stems from the compelling fundamentals underlying the company and the belief many of us share in this potential being realised sooner than the market seems to expect.

I agree that it is frustrating seeing the SP being beaten down when there is such solid progress being made and the building blocks coming together, but as so much of the GXY story is in the potential, not the actual, then patience and acceptance is part of the story.

To quote from the September Quarterly Report regarding the SDV J/V:

"The Company has so far shortlisted several potential investors, who have advanced through to the next stage of evaluation and project due diligence including site visits. Galaxy is targeting the announcement of a fully documented binding transaction before the end of 2018."

We haven't passed the end of 2018 yet (though it is pretty close), and it is just a target for the completion of that part of a considerable process.

If the transaction hasn't occurred, or isn't likely to be before the December 31, then I expect an explanatory announcement. Given the expectations here and in the market more generally, I am sure AT and the board are more than aware of the need to keep us all informed of what, by any measure, is to be a very significant milestone in the company's history.

As far as the YOP goes, I am curious too. Not concerned, just curious.

What I have come to realise over the last 3 or 4 years is that this management, under the careful husbandry of AT, thinks long term. Strategic longterm thinking coupled with a continuous eye on opportunities as they present has been paying off handsomely so far in creating a fantastic base upon which to build further. Don't forget - discussion has moved from just developing assets in the ground to finding a partner to help develop downstream processing. GXY to become a fully integrated international producer of battery chemicals, a truly BIG picture plan.

We all know it's coming, and at this time of the year maybe we are feeling like our much younger selves - waiting impatiently for Santa to come down the chimney and fill our stockings with presents.

Patience!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.