GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-260

1. 2,438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1636
    I'm reading the Sunday papers too (on-line though) and I like this article in The Age:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...h-debacle-is-tony-abbott-20181021-p50b05.html

Key passages:

"Liberal volunteers were surprised by how many voters objected to the government's approach to the environment as they voted on Saturday. It was a crucial factor behind their horror performance, second only to anger from the ill-fated decision to tear down Malcolm Turnbull. These are ominous signs for Abbott's future. The former prime minister played a key role in the demise of Turnbull, and has led the charge against any substantial policy to reduce Australia's emissions. Who can forget Abbott once said the science behind climate change was "absolute crap"?

AND

"Tony Abbott has been such a wrecker," said GetUp! national director campaign director Paul Oosting. "He has destroyed investment in renewable energy, he has cost the economy billions in investment, he has blocked action on climate change and stopped us transitioning to the cheapest form of energy production which is renewables. Oosting detects a shift in Liberal seats driven by economics: "You can be economically conservative and still want the government to take strong action on climate change and renewable energy investment. Those two things aren't at odds with each other."

It seems to me the game's up for the climate denialists and those who have opposed renewables and are anti-environment (support for Adani, etc). Abbott and the conservative religious hard right that have taken over the Liberal Party no longer represent my values. And don't get me started on the nut jobs in the National Party. So I couldn't be happier with the Wentworth result and look forward to the day when the Coalition are swept from power. I sense from past comments by many posters on HC that they are very anti-Labor, but even if a Labor Government has an adverse effect on me personally, I think it is time to think about the future of our children and those who do not enjoy as privileged a life as many of us do. And actually, I don't think I have too much to fear anyway if there is a change of government given my investments in GXY and other industries of the future. For the first time in a long time I am starting to feel optimistic again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.