GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I agree, though I have had my eye on NE2 for quite some time....

1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    I agree, though I have had my eye on NE2 for quite some time.

Plenty of attractive qualities, and ironically @Gekkko your suggestion of doing the same as SDV with another asset is what I envisioned for that one.

Did anyone else listen to the Livent call last night? Paul Graves mentioned that at the end of January there was a big storm with hail in Hombre Muerto that has put their production behind by 2 weeks. I immediately wondered what affect this might have on Galaxy's 15 hectare pond construction. 

You can listen to it HERE: 
    http://livent2018ipo.q4web.com/financials-and-filings/calendar-of-events/event-details/2019/Livent-Q4-Earnings-Webcast-Conference-Call/

"Second, we will see reduced volumes in Q1 asa result of significant weather issues we saw in the last week of January. We had over 80mm ofrain fall inside just a couple of days, along with damaginghail, and the rain has continued for almost 10 days. Whilewe had some damage to equipment which we quicklyrepaired, we have seen significant dilution to theconcentration ponds. We expect to restart lithiumcarbonate production in the next day or two asconcentration levels return to usable levels. In total, thisevent caused the loss of approximately two weeks ofproduction during a period that is traditionally our highestyielding time of year, reflecting possibly as much as 750tons of carbonate production lost.

All of this means that we will need to augment our internalproduction with approximately 1,000 to 1,500 tons of thirdparty carbonate for use in our hydroxide units. This use ofthird party carbonate is likely to be greatest in the first halfof the year, for the reasons set out above." Page 14 + 15 of the transcript.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.